16/6 – Poste de charge de politique scientique a la section Science et Technologie de l’union Europeenne au Japon
The Delegation of the European Union to Japan has a vacancy for a Scientific Policy Officer in its Science and Technology Section.
The deadline for receiving the applications : 6 July 2012 at 5 p.m.
The Science and Technology Section (S&T) at the EU Delegation to Japan in Tokyo is responsible for supporting and advancing collaboration between the European Union and Japan in the context of the various (nuclear and non-nuclear) S&T Agreements that have been concluded. The section operates within the policy framework set by DG RTD/D (HQ in Brussels) and the EEAS. The S&T section is helping to advance STI cooperation activities by
proactively promoting joint activities, preparing joint calls for proposals, organizing seminars and conferences, and reporting on the STI developments in Japan. The section maintains close relations with the competent Japanese Ministries, Agencies, European and Japanese industries, the scientific community and other stakeholders in Japan. Activities are coordinated and exchanged with the Embassies of the EU Member States in Tokyo. The S&T section prepares and accompanies visitors, hosts and organises events and coordinates these also with other sections in the Delegation.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- University degree relevant to the job content
- Preferably 10 years of certified working experience in related fields
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the Japanese science and innovation system
- Excellent understanding of the functioning of the EU
- Very good command of Japanese and English
- Capacity to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to draft strategic notes, reports, texts to tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Proven capability to perform in public
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to prioritize, good judgment
- Dynamic, proactive, takes initiatives,
- Team player, who functions well in a multicultural context
- Willing to assume a high degree of responsibility
The full job description and other details can be found at the following link: http://www.euinjapan.jp/en/
Source : Lee Woolgar – Information Officer – Euraxess Links Japan – 16 Juin 2012